Live, online training for Doctors with the Medical Cannabis Clinicians SocietyJanuary 14, 2021 | IN EVENTS | BY Kate Thorpe
Exclusively for members of The Medical Cannabis Clinicians Society, every two months doctors and medical students have the opportunity to attend a half-day, live and interactive Zoom training session with Professor Mike Barnes.
Medical Cannabis Explained: everything you need to know to become a confident prescriber
The three-hour interactive medical cannabis training session for UK doctors covers:
- Conditions & symptoms suitable for medical cannabis treatment
- Products available in the UK – overview of oils and flower products, availability and how to access.
- CBD/THC ratios and dosage
- How to select medical cannabis products
- Safe and effective dosing and prescribing
- Consultations & the follow up process
- Supporting challenging patients
- Q&A – ask questions live or send your queries in advance of the training
Through the Society, members can already access training programmes which can be completed at your own pace, as well as a range of resources which cover the process of becoming a prescriber, products and frequently asked questions. With the launch of live training sessions in 2021, for the first time, members can book a live training session, sharing questions in advance.
To book your place, please visit Eventbrite and select your chosen date. Please add your full name and email address.
If you are not a member of the Society but wish to access the training, you can join the Society here. When your membership is confirmed, you will be able to book your place. Your booking will be cancelled and refunded if you are not a Society member.